1. What is the Formation Conference?
The Montgomery County (MD) Alumnae Chapter (MCAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is hosting their second all-girl youth empowerment conference. Our theme this year is “Formation: Exploring the Unknown.” Our attendees can look forward to interactive workshops, community resource exhibits and much more. Our goal is equip both parents and youth with the tools and technique needed to explore the idea of non-traditional careers underrepresented by women.
2. When is the conference?
Saturday, April 7, 2018.
3. What happens in the event of inclement weather?
The conference will be postponed to April 21, 2018
4. What time should I arrive?
Please plan to arrive between 9 and 10am. The day’s festivities will begin promptly at 9:30am.
5. Where is the Formation Conference being held?
The conference is taking place at Montgomery College – Germantown campus in the and HT building.
6. Is transportation available for the conference?
No. All attendees are responsible for their own transportation to and from the conference.
7. Is there a fee for parking?
No, parking is free at the conference but a parking pass will be required. A parking pass will be provided 2 weeks before the conference
8. Who can attend the Formation Conference?
The Formation conference is designed especially for girls age 11-18 and the adults who care about them, including parents, guardians, and chaperons.
9. Are men allowed to attend the conference?
Yes. Fathers/Male guardians are more than welcome to attend.
10. When is the last day to register for the conference?
The last day to register for the Formation Conference is March 7, 2018. There will be no onsite registration the day of the conference.
11. Will food be provided at the conference?
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.